Whether you’re here on holiday or a local day-tripper, you love to travel solo or with family or friends, the Dandenong Ranges is sure to fascinate you every time. It is hard to keep away from the lush forested hills or the deep rolling valleys carpeted with ferns.
Where are the Dandenong Ranges?
The stunning Dandenong Ranges are very close to Melbourne and make for an easy day trip! It takes about an hour to reach the area, so you can easily go on a relaxing nature trip right after your local Melbourne Yoga session. The place is dotted with the most beautiful gardens, pretty villages and rustic farm cafes.
The Dandenong Ranges will make you feel like you are in a tiny European village. Don’t miss out on any of these majestic places!
- Dandenong Ranges Botanic Garden is famous for its magnificent colours of flowers, plants, rock pools, lake, and boathouse.
- Look for the Aboriginal-inspired sculptures hidden in ferny glades of William Ricketts Sanctuary.
- Explore the Trees Adventure Park to unleash your inner Tarzan and enjoy a series of zip-lines and aerial ropes.
- Check out the Burrinja Cultural Centre in the lower ranges, which is a vibrant community and the area boasts of multiple gallery spaces, live music, and arts activities.
- Shop for local crafts at the Hills Art Market and immerse yourself in a world of artistic imagination in a unique open-air Artists Market.
- Another favourite pastime is watching the outdoor movies at Belgrave’s Cameo Cinema. Enjoy an independent cinema mix of mainstream and blockbusters.
- Ride the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train and enjoy the scenery as you go through forests and fern gullies
- Sherbrooke Forest is a significant attraction here excuse because of many picnic spots and relaxing walks. Grants Picnic Ground, Sherbrooke Forest Walk, and Sherbrooke Falls are the most popular locations.
- The Alfred Nicholas Memorial Gardens is home to magnificent shrubs, Mountain Ash trees, and colourful flowering plants. Explore and enjoy the tranquil and colorful setting in this gorgeous nature oasis
- Drive the winding Mount Dandenong Tourist Road and explore pretty villages as you go along the scenic road.
- Enjoy the picture-perfect scenic Olinda Falls which is another favourite tourist spot amongst visitors. Numerous public and private gardens and picnic grounds surround the falls.
- Visit the beautiful, gorgeous Emerald Lake because of its scenic attractions and activities. The lake can be easily accessed from any point of the Dandenong Ranges.
- When hungry, head for the beautiful Coonara Springs restaurant for a refined French dining experience. You can also enjoy tapas and casual fare along with live music.
- Another delightful restaurant is the Sky High restaurant, located on Mount Dandenong amidst the Dandenong Ranges and under the cool fern glades. Enjoy your meals in the serene location with numerous lush trees.
Dandenong Ranges in Australia is truly a must place to visit when in Melbourne. Just be prepared for anything that could occur when travelling, avoid accidents where you can, take care of your health when on the go.
Go ahead, enjoy one of Victoria’s wanderlust locations!